1490 Library Lane
St Helena, CA 94574-1143
The Silverado Museum, a non-profit 501(c)3 organization, which houses one of the world's most distinguished collections of Stevensoniana, opened its doors to the public on December 14, 1969, thus commemorating the 75th anniversary of the death of the author of such beloved classics as Treasure Island, Kidnapped, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, and A Child's Garden of Verses.
The Museum is located in St. Helena in the heart of the wine country, almost in the shadow of the mountain from which the city takes its name. In 1880 Robert Louis Stevenson spent his honeymoon in an abandoned bunkhouse at the old Silverado Mine on the slope of Mount St. Helena. The Silverado Squatters is Stevenson's account of his stay there.